Site of Original Longwood Hotel
At the southeast corner of East Warren and Longwood Avenue was the location of the first hotel in Longwood. The wooden structure was built by town founder Edward Henck to handle the influx of prospective settlers and tourists coming down the Sanford-Orlando road via steamboat landing in Sanford.
The structure was built in 1883 and was much smaller than the imposing building that still exists, which is commonly known as the Longwood Inn. It burned down in the 1890s, but by that time the newer lodge was already built so there was no need to rebuild. None the less, it played an important role in the town's early history.
111 North Longwood Street