Old Post Office
Reports are conflicting, but this building was built somewhere between 1910 and 1915. Around 1920 it was purchased by Lester Payne, who built the adjoining building next door.
This building served as Longwood's post office from 1932 through 1946, and Blanche Payne (wife of Lester) served as the postmaster for all of those years. In fact, she continued on in that role after the post office relocated until 1958.
This building is a simple one-story commercial structure, typical of many constructed during the 1910s and 1920s.
Today it serves as Pete's Eats, a popular lunch time sandwich shop.
117 East Church Avenue