This home was built by Fred J. Niemeyer in 1889. He moved down from Pennsylvania four years prior, when he was 21-years old. He married the daughter of renowned local carpenter Josiah B. Clouser. Father-of-the-bride and son-in-law built the house together, which they called "Keystone." The Niemeyer family resided there for many years.
It has also been known as the "Hopkins House" and had a sign over the front porch with that name up until the early 2010s.
The original part of the home is only the first floor. The second store and porch were added in 1905. It is considered to be in the Queen Anne style--like the Bradlee-Mac and Longwood Community Building on the same street--however, really it is just barely in that genre. Some call it Victorian style instead.
Niemeyer went on to become a member of the Longwood City Council, he owned a shop in town, and for two decades served as the Longwood postmaster. The family raised poultry out of their home, both for sale and show.
The home has fallen into bad need of repair and many were concerned about its future. The Longwood Historic Society considered purchasing it, but lacked the funds. Thankfully, it was purchased by a new owner in 2017 (and a new member of the Society) who has moved into the home and plans to gradually restore it.