This home was constructed around 1920 for J. Henry Menick and his wife. Menick was partners with Fredrick Slade in the Slade-Menick Manufacturing Company. Among other the commerce, the company had a large cypress and pine lumber yard in the area. Menick sold his share to Slade in 1932 when he decided to go into politics; he served as Longwood mayor for most of the 1930s.
The house is in the bungalow style that became popular in the 1920s and is covered with stucco, which was a new innovation at the time. The building has been altered in appearance quite a bitfrom the original: there is an addition to the back left and what was originally a front porch has been enclosed.
The building operated as a gift and toy shop in the 1990s, known as the Bay Avenue Collection.
204 West Bay Avenue