J. D. & N. J. Lewis House
This building has moved around a lot!
It was originally built at 202 Wilma Street. The home was constructed in 1886 by two brothers J. D. and N. J. Lewis. They worked together as attorneys. However, they left the area after a few years and little is known about them.
During the 1920s and 1930s it was the home of John and Elsie Dunbar, who where the owners of Dunbar's Garage next door.
When the Longwood Community Building was constructed on that lot in 2002, this home was relocated to 116 West Bay Avenue to avoid being demolished. In approximately 2015 it was relocated to an empty lot behind Christ Church, where it sits currently.
The City of Longwood is in the process of renovating it and will move it to the Reiter Park once the park is completed. They will start with exterior renovations. The final usage plan is still up in the air, but it might potentially be a concession stand or ice cream shop. The park will open in the fall of 2018.
201 West Florida Avenue