Dunbar's Garage and Clouser's Cabinet Shop
The core of the front section was constructed around 1890 as Dunbar's Garage. This shop was owned by John Dunbar and his daughter Elsie.
A rear section was built earlier in 1885 and served as Clouser's Cabinet Shop. Josiah Clouser was a well-known carpenter, early settler, and served as mayor for several terms. The shop was originally located a block away on Bay Avenue, at its intersection with Wilma Street. In the 1930s the Clouser part of the building was rotated 180 degrees to face Wilma Street. There it sat at 274 Wilma Street for about seventy years.
The shops were each later converted into residences for decades to come.
When the Longwood Community Building was constructed in 2002, it needed some extra legroom. The Clouser shop was moved a few hundred feet to adjoin and enlarge the Dunbar property. Several other additions and modifications over the years has changed the look of the original building substantially.
Today it serves as Davey's Toys. The shop sells comics, toys, and other collectibles. In the 1990s it was known as Transformations, selling antiques and jewelry. Over the years it has housed various other small retailers.