Clock Tower Park
This was the site of the J. H. Allen grocery store, which was built in 1908. The large two-story structure had retail space on the first floor, while Mr. and Mrs. Allen lived on the second floor. It was demolished in the 1950s.
In 1969 a new post office was opened in this spot. It didn't have to move far, having previously been across SR 427 (then called East Lake Avenue) in the Payne Building. The postmaster at the time was William Bryant.
This office served the city of Longwood until 1995 when a new location three times larger was built in Florida Central Commerce Park, a location still serving the community today. The building sat vacant until it was torn down in 2001 in order to build the clock tower park, as a welcoming entry way into the historic district.
101 W Church Ave