Baptist Church Parsonage
The early history of this house is uncertain. It is thought to have been constructed in West Longwood and then moved to serve as the parsonage for the Baptist Church which was located on the adjacent lot. It is known that the house was on this site by 1911. Although the lower pitched roof additions obscure it's form, the L-shaped core of this structure, capped by the higher pitched roof with its central chimney, is the original house
The house was built in 1890. It is thought to have been built in West Longwood and moved to this site by 1911, to be the parsonage for the Baptist Church which was then located next door. The L-shaped portion with the higher pitched roof is the original portion.
In 1911, John Bistline came to Longwood from Pennsylvania to work in Fred Niemeyer's store. He later went to work for W.R. Healey, who owned a number of area squab farms. Healey is credited with originating the idea of sending fresh iced squab from Longwood to northern markets by train.
In 1914, Bistline married Niemeyer's daughter, and the couple moved into this house. Shortly thereafter, they began breeding and selling Silver Wyandotte hens, and continued this into the 1950s. The hens won awards at national competitions, and Mr. Niemeyer became a recognized authority on raising hens for show. He also was a member of the Longwood City Council for 20 years in the 1920s to the 1940s.
Today it serves as Jeffrey J. Bordulis Attorney at Law.